The World Health Organization, Regional Committee for Africa published a sickle cell disease strategy in which they recommended priority interventions from managing preventing, controlling and managing sickle cell disease in Africa. FJK’s programs, services and activities are aligned with and driven in part by some of these priorities.
- Primary Prevention  to include genetic counselling [19b]
- Improvements in health care provision [19a]
- Partnerships and social impact 
- Capacity Building 
- Early Identification and Screening 
- SCD Surveillance 
- Awareness and education [19 b]